121. Which of the following will get your web site banned from Google?
a. Cloaking to present different text to search engines than to users
c. Doorway pages to manipulate search engine ranking
d. All of these
122. How long does it take to rank #1 with Google
a. Next Month
b. Overnight if you’re willing to pay
c. Depends on various factors
d. Next Year
123. What does SEO stand for:
a. Search Engine Order
b. Strategic Engineering Optimization
c. Search Engine Optimization
d. Strategic Engineering Order
124. Is SEO a one-time event?
a. No, SEO requires a long-term commitment.
b. Yes, it only requires an initial setup.
125. What should you take into account when putting text on your page to improve indexing on a search engine?
a. Having relevant words on the page
b. Including relevant words in the ALT tags
c. Including relevant words in the page title
d. Placement of the relevant words on the page
e. All of these
126. Which of the following factors influence ranking?
a. All of these
b. Website loading speed
c. Keywords in domain name
d. Incoming and outgoing links
127. Why are meta tags important in relation to SEO?
a. Meta tags aren’t important in relation to SEO.
b. Because search engines will ignore your site completely without them
c. Because your site won’t be W3C compliant without them.
d. Because a search engine may use them as snippets for your pages.
128. Writing content for SEO must be repeated at least 20 times on your website for ranking.
a. True. In order for search engines to find you, you must repeat the content on your pages.
b. False. You should write only a few sentences for each page.
c. False. This is considered deception and your page ranking might be reduced or removed.
129. On Google, what is PageRank?
a. A term related to .mil web sites.
b. Where a site listing shows up after a search query.
c. An evaluation of the importance of a page on a site based on the number of genuine links from other sites to it.
d. The first-, second- and third-level hierarchies of the pages in a web site based on the navigation the crawler finds.
e. Where a site is listed in the top three results based on how much you paid in your AdWords campaign.
130. Which is more likely to have a positive impact on a page's search engine rankings?
a. 10 links each from 10 different sites
b. 5 links each from 5 sites
c. 10 links from 1 site
d. 3 links each from 7 sites
131. Which of these is NOT a type of conversion trackable in Google Analytics?
a. Reading a specified element of content during the visit
b. The number of pageviews in the visit
c. The duration of the visit
d. Visiting a specific URL during the visit
132. True or False: SEO depends only on keywords for ranking.
a. False, keywords are taken by many sites, so it doesn’t have a significant effect on rank.
b. False, ranking depends on how many people have viewed your website.
c. False, keywords are just one element of SEO ranking.
d. True, ranking depends entirely on the detail of the keywords.
133. URL's with words that are relevant to your site's content and structure are friendlier for visitors navigating your site. With that, you should:
a. use lengthy URLs with unnecessary parameters and session IDs
b. choose generic page names.
c. create a simple directory structure that organizes your content well.
d. use excessive keywords like “baseball-cards-baseball-cards-baseballcards.htm”
134. <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> tells google's robot that
a. you do not want the page indexed and links are not to be followed.
b. you do not want the page meta description used in SERP results.
c. links are not to be followed.
d. the page should be indexed and the links followed.
e. you do not want the page indexed.
135. How many User-Agent: lines can be included in a single entry in a robots.txt file?
a. None of these
136. How should keywords be used to influence SEO?
a. Repeat important keywords multiple times to show relevance.
b. Skip down several lines below the bottom of the screen and include another copy of your keywords at the far bottom of your page.
c. Use different, and fewer, keywords on each page that are relevant to that page and not just a long list of sitewide keywords.
d. Don’t worry about keywords since they are no longer used by any search engines for indexing.
e. Include all of your keywords on each page to show relevance through the links.
137. What should you do when designing the links on your site to improve a robot's ability to search and index your site?
a. Use animated GIFs instead of Flash buttons when you want to add animated effects to your navigation.
b. Don’t use rollover buttons, just use single graphic images for your buttons.
c. Don’t use animated buttons, just use single frame graphic images for your navigation.
e. Include static text links that can reach each page in your site.
138. What does the Google Analytics program do?
a. Generaters META Description for your site based on content.
b. Gives you insight into how users reach and behave on your site.
c. Determines the FOLLOW / NOFOLLOW needs of your site based on redundancy.
d. Generates META Keywords for your site based on content.
e. All of these
139. A breadcrumb:
a. is an error you get when a page cannot be found.
b. is a row of internal links at the top or bottom of the page that allows visitors to quickly navigate back to a previous section or the root page.
c. is pieces of information a search engine spider collects when crawling your site
d. is a form of navigation that should never be used.
140. Which program lets Google know if you are using an XML Site Map?
a Google AdWords
b. All of these
c. Google Analytics
d. Google Webmaster Tools
e. Google Website Optimizer
141. What are the most popular search engines in China and Russia respectively?
a. Baidu and Yandex
b. Google and Bing
c. Yahoo and Google
d. Baidu and Google
e. Google in both countries
142. What type of redirect gives you the most credit in terms of SEO?
a. 301 (‘Moved Permanently’)
b. Java Refresh Script
c. Meta Refresh Tag
d. 302 (‘Found’ or ‘Moved Temporarily’)
e. None of these redirects provide benefit.
143. How can you communicate additional information about an image to a bot?
a. Provide descriptive text about the IMG in the main BODY text.
b. All of these
c. Use the ALT attribute in the IMG tag.
d. Add a text layer inside the image in Photoshop.
e. Include a CAPTION next to the IMG tag.
144. What does Google use in a listing to describe your web site?
a. META tag description information.
b. A relevant section of a page’s visible text.
c. All of these
d. The site’s description in the Open Directory Project.
145. How many H1 titles is considered optimal on a webpage?
a. Two. One attached to the logo linking to the homepage and one for describing the main content
b. One, describing the main content of the webpage.
c. There’s no SEO-cases proving anything here.
d. It depends on the content.
146. Using long tail keywords is considered bad SEO practice.
147. What does EMD mean?
a. Ecommerce Marketing Domain
b. Easily Marketed Domain
c. Exact Match Domain
b. e-Marketing Domain
e. None of these
148. What does Google use to "name" your web page in its search listing?
a. The Domain Name.
b The information in the META description of the page.
c. The information in the TITLE tag of the page.
d. The file name of the page.
149. Which is not a critical element to ranking well in Google Local/Maps/Places search?
a. Ratings and reviews from Google Places users
b. Having at least 500 friends on a prominent Social Media site like Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
c. Registration/Verification with Google Local/Places
d. Proximity to centroid and match on local phone number/address
150. Which activity is NOT considered to be a page optimization method?
a. Directory submission
b. Putting keywords in the title tag
c. Using the H1 tag
d. Making hyperlinks with your keywords in them
151. What do the acronyms PA, DA, and PR stand for?
a. Page authority, domain authority, page rank
b. Personal authority, domain authority, parked rename
c. Page age, domain age, page rank
d. Page authority, domain age, page rank
152. Which form of redirect/meta tag will transfer the most authority to the directed page?
153. If you have just made a web site live, what is the easiest way to see if it has been indexed by Google?
a. Install Google Analytics
b. Search Google for site:example.com
c. Use any Rank tracking tool
d. Search for the main keyword
e. Register the site for Google Webmaster Tools
154. True or False: A site map is a simple page on your site that displays the structure of your website, and is only intended for human visitors.
155. Which of these do NOT affect your personal Google search results when you are logged in to a Google account
a. Your Facebook ‘likes’
b. Your Google circle’s +1s
c. Your Google +1s
d. Your previous clicks on Google results when logged in
e. Your location
157. What do you enter in the robots.txt file to block a specific .html page on your site?
a. NOINDEX: /filename.html
b. Disallow: filename.html
c. Exclude: /filename.html
d. Disallow: /filename.html
e. Block: /filename.html
158. In Google Adwords, which following factors best determine a higher ad position than your competitors targeting the same keywords.
a. bid amount, keyword relevance, quality score and landing page experience.
b. estimated keyword traffic, total campaign budget and maximum keyword bid.
c. ad tagline containing high traffic keywords combined with high keyword bid amount.
d. targeted and highly relevant landing page with a higher Alexa ranking than your competitors.
159. SEO techniques offer a guaranteed method of appearing as the first listing on an unpaid search engine listing
160. What was the main difference between the Panda and Penguin Google algo changes?
a. Panda was aimed at cloaking. Penguin was aimed at misuse of robots.txt files.
b. Panda was aimed at link factories. Penguin was aimed at duplicate content.
c. Panda was aimed at poor quality content and user experience. Penguin was aimed at a range of black-hat techniques.
d. Panda was aimed at keyword stuffing. Penguin was aimed at paid links above the fold.
161. Google search results will display up to how many characters of a page's meta description?
162. Which statement about 404 pages is true?
a. You should allow search engines to index your 404 pages.
b. You should design your 404 pages differently than your actual site design.
c. A custom 404 page that kindly gives users back to a working page on your site can greatly improve a user’s experience.
d. 404 pages should be vague and simple. A perfect message would be “Not Found”.
163. What do you enter in a robots.txt file single entry to apply the rule to all bots?
a. None of these
b. Robot: *
c. User-Agent: All
d. Robot: All
e. User-Agent: *
164. What do you enter in a robots.txt file to block a specific directory and everything in it?
a. Block: /directoryname/
b. Block: /directoryname/*
c. NOINDEX: /directoryname/
d. Disallow: /directoryname/*.html
e. Disallow: /directoryname/
165. What is cloaking?
a. Presenting different content to search engines than to users.
b. Providing HTML text for search engines but showing image based text in images or Flash to users.
c. All of these
d. Making text match the background color to try to influence search engines without actually showing the text to users.
167. What would happen if you searched Google for site:example.com “some text here”
a. It would list any web pages that contained the exact words “some text here”
b. It would list any web pages that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here”
c. It would list only web pages on example.com that contained the exact words “some text here”
d. It would list any web pages on example.com that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here”
e. It would list any web pages that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here” and links to example.com
168. What are "doorway" pages?
a. Designed to achieve higher search engine ranking for a particular phrase
b. Something that can get your site removed from Google
c. Multiple pages optimized for specific keywords or phrases
d. Funnel users to a single destination page
e. All of these
169. What percentage of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results?
170. Which of these meta-data types is the LEAST important to Google for ranking, indexing or display purposes?
a. meta name=”description”
b. meta name=”robots”
c. meta name=”googlebot”
d. meta name=”keywords”
171. Of the following options which is the LEAST important area to include your target keywords?
a. Page Title
b. Internal Links
c. Meta Keywords
d. Body Copy
172. What does LSI stand for?
a. Latent Semantic Indexing
b. Leading Searchers to Indexing
c. Latent Search Indexing
d. Leading Search Engines to Indexing
173. How do you eliminate duplicate content from being indexed by Google?
a. It is impossible to create duplicate content.
b. Use canonical tags where applicable.
c. Use 302 redirect
d. You must delete duplicate content manually.
174. Which of the following statements is true regarding natural vs. artificial inbound links?
a. Artificial links increase gradually as referral sites add links one by one over time; natural links can sprout in great numbers all of a sudden.
b. Natural Links have anchor text that varies. Artificial links have anchor text that is uniform or identical to one another.
c. Natural links mostly have identical anchor text while artificial links vary in anchor text.
d. Natural links are made up of earthy, organic materials. Artificial links are man-made out of plutonium and titanium.
175. In on-page optimization, where should you NOT use your target keyword?
a. In the H1 tag of the page.
b. In the anchor text of a link on the page.
c. In the body text of the page.
d. In the ALT tag of an image on the page.
e. In the TITLE tag of the page.
176. In the robots.txt file, what does the "Disallow:" line do?
a. Stops all robots from searching your site.
b. Removes secure socket layer functioning from the URL.
c. Tells what robot you want to block from your URL.
d. None of these
e. Tells the robot what URLs not to scan.
177. From a purely ranking perspective, the value of an incoming link is not affected by the number of outgoing links on the same Web page.
178. Aside from the order listed, how does Google emphasize the possible relevance of a web site?
a. By italicizing the search query keywords in the title.
b. By bolding the search query keywords in the title and description.
c. By italicizing the search query keywords in the description.
d. By underlining the search query keywords in the title and description.
e. None of these
179. How do you control where robots go and what they do in your web site?
a. Use the INDEX / NOINDEX META commands
b. Use the FOLLOW / NOFOLLOW META commands
c. Use the robots.txt file
d. Use all of these
180. In the robots.txt file, what does the "User-Agent:" section do?
a. Determines where the bot is coming from.
b. Tells which robot the rule applies to.
c. Identifies the domain hosting service of the web site.
d. Records the URL of incoming traffic to the web site.
e. None of these