181. Which of these is NOT something that you can use to improve your SEO?
a. Writing content for other people’s web sites that mention your brand but do not contain links to your site
b. Buying expired domains that had a good level of traffic in your subject
c. Using email marketing to contact other site owners
d. None of these
e. Using PPC to assess conversion rates of keywords
182. Search engines do not index some common words (such as “or”, “and”, “when”, and “in”) within the webpage. What are these common words called?
a. Common words
b. Non-indexable words
c. Barrier words
d. Stop words
e. Slow words
183. Applying structured data provides what SEO benefit to an e-commerce site?
a. Search engines crawl your structured data more effectively to display more SERP listings of the merchandise in your site.
b. Search engines prefer structured data over keywords in your meta tags.
c. Structured data organizes your e-commerce content by category in your storefront for better organic search.
d. Structured data creates a more comprehensive site map for search engines to better understand the content of your e-commerce site.
e. Structured data provides additional product information to search engines and may appear in search results as rich snippets.
184. What directive would you enter in the robots.txt file to make a rule that affects all directories beginning with the word "page"?
b. None of these
185. What is the main reason for the effectiveness of optimizing a webpage towards a long tail keyword search?
a. Search engines do not pass on long tail search traffic to websites that rank high for shorter keyword searches
b. There are fewer websites that have targeted such keywords
c. There are more long tail searches than shorter keyword queries
d. Search engines often pass on long tail searches to lesser known and new websites
186. What do you enter in the rule portion of a robots.txt file single entry to block .gif images from indexing?
a. Block: /*.gif
b. NOINDEX: /*.gif
c. Disallow: /*.gif
d. Disallow: /*.gif$
e. Disallow: *.gif
187. Which of these types of page content can Google NOT index?
a. Time’s Up!
c. Powerpoint slides
d. Rich Text Format (.rtf) files
e. Text in Flash files
188. What do you enter in the robots.txt file to remove all images on your site from Google Images?
a. User-Agent: Googlebot-IMG Disallow: /*
b. User-Agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: /
c. None of these
d. Robot: Googlebot-Images Disallow: /
e. User-Agent: Googlebot-Image Disallow: All
189. What robot do you apply a rule to in the robots.txt file in order to block images from Google Images?
190. In what section of Google Webmaster Tools can you see the average keywords ranking of your website?
a. Search Queries > Keyword Ranking
b. Optimization > Search Queries
c. Traffic > Search Queries
d. Keyword > Search Queries
191. How should text links within larger bodies of text be formatted for ease of use?
a. So that the links are noticably different from the other text.
b. The text style of links match the text around it so that the content flows better.
c. All of these
d. By using CSS to remove text decorations like underlines.
192. Google did the "caffeine" roll-out to:
a. all of these choices
b. help Google’s raw speed
c. crawl websites 50% faster
d. index sites faster
194. A backlink is....
a. any link that links to your page whether it is external or internal
b. when you link to someone who has linked to you
c. pressing the back button on your browser
d. a link from an external site to your own site
195. Which of these meta-data types is the LEAST important to Google for ranking, indexing or display purposes?
a. meta name=”googlebot”
b. meta name=”description”
c. meta name=”keywords”
d. meta name=”robots”
196. how many H1 tags are recommended per page
a. as many as you like it doesnt matter
c. one for each section on page
197. True or False: SEO depends only on keywords for ranking.
a. True, ranking depends entirely on the detail of the keywords.
b. False, keywords are just one element of SEO ranking.
c. False, ranking depends on how many people have viewed your website.
d. False, keywords are taken by many sites, so it doesn’t have a significant effect on rank.
198. What should you avoid when writing a description META tag?
a. Descriptions that have nothing to do with the actual page content.
b. Generic descriptions like “My Web Page”
c. Descriptions that are nothing but keywords.
d. Descriptions that contain all of the visible text from the page.
e. All of these
199. Which is a best practice for creating URL names?
a. Make your URL names longer to be more descriptive.
b. Include session IDs in the URL name.
c. Use incremental numbers to name each successive page.
d. Use real words in the URL name.
e. URL names don’t matter since they do not show up in search engines.
200. Which is more likely to have a positive impact on a page's search engine rankings?
a. 10 links from 1 website with related content.
b. 1 link each from 10 different websites with related content.
201. Finding the right keywords to target is critical to your online success. Which of the following strategies should be a part of your keyword selection process?
a. Choose specific, not generic keywords.
b. Do a search on Google for your desired keywords. Review the top ranking sites to see if you can find additional keywords for which you’d also like your site to rank well for.
c. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes by asking, “What problem does my product or service solve for my typical customer?”
d. All of the choices.
202. How do you submit an XML sitemap to Google?
a. By emailing Google Support
b. Using a Submitter tool
c. Via Google Analytics
d. Via Google Webmaster Tools
e. You can’t. Google will crawl it for themselves.
203. What are the "best practice(s)" for the TITLE tags on your web pages?
a. Keep the TITLE tags short.
b. Describe the actual contents on the page.
c. Don’t stuff unnecessary keywords into the TITLE tags.
d. All of these
e. Give each page a unique TITLE tag.
204. Which of the following is a SEO best practice?
a. Choose a title that no relation to the content on the page.
b. Use a default of vague title like “Untitled” or “New Page 1”.
c. Choose a title that effectively communicates the topic of the page’s content
d. Skip the title tag all together.
205. How long does it take to rank #1 with Google
a. Next Month
b. Depends on various factors
c. Next Year
d. Overnight if you’re willing to pay
206. What is the meaning of the term "H1" tag?
a. It stands for Heading Level 1.
b. It stands for Highly Important.
c. It stands for “First Header.”
d. Its origins are not known.
207. Why is the 'alt' attribute important for SEO?
a. Allows you to specify what pixel size you want the image to be indexed at.
b. Provides a more optimized page to be given to crawl bots.
c. Helps web pages load faster by rendering text instead of images.
d. It can give you “link juice”.
e. Helps search engines understand content in an image.
208. Why are meta tags important in relation to SEO?
a. Because a search engine may use them as snippets for your pages.
b. Because search engines will ignore your site completely without them
c. Because your site won’t be W3C compliant without them.
d. Meta tags aren’t important in relation to SEO.
209. How many H1 titles is considered optimal on a webpage?
a. Two. One attached to the logo linking to the homepage and one for describing the main content
b. One, describing the main content of the webpage.
c. It depends on the content.
d. There’s no SEO-cases proving anything here.
210. The definition of "thin" content is...
a. content on the health and fitness niche
b. pages that get indexed quickly in Google
c. Low quality pages or shallow pages with little content
d. high quality pages that search engines like
211. Which is more likely to have a positive impact on a page's search engine rankings?
a. 3 links each from 7 sites
b. 10 links from 1 site
c. 5 links each from 5 sites
d. 10 links each from 10 different sites
212. What should you do when designing the links on your site to improve a robot's ability to search and index your site?
a. Include static text links that can reach each page in your site.
c. Don’t use rollover buttons, just use single graphic images for your buttons.
d. Don’t use animated buttons, just use single frame graphic images for your navigation.
e. Use animated GIFs instead of Flash buttons when you want to add animated effects to your navigation.
213. URL's with words that are relevant to your site's content and structure are friendlier for visitors navigating your site. With that, you should:
a. use lengthy URLs with unnecessary parameters and session IDs
b. use excessive keywords like “baseball-cards-baseball-cards-baseballcards.htm”
c. choose generic page names.
d. create a simple directory structure that organizes your content well.
214. What type of redirect gives you the most credit in terms of SEO?
a. Java Refresh Script
b. None of these redirects provide benefit.
c. 302 (‘Found’ or ‘Moved Temporarily’)
d. Meta Refresh Tag
e. 301 (‘Moved Permanently’)
215. How many outgoing links should you generally have in an article of 800 words?
a. no limit, use as many links as possible
b. maximum 3 links, 1 external, 2 internal
c. no links are required for SEO
d. a link in each sentence
216. What does Google use in a listing to describe your web site?
a. META tag description information.
b. The site’s description in the Open Directory Project.
c. All of these
d. A relevant section of a page’s visible text.
217. Which statement about 404 pages is true?
a. You should allow search engines to index your 404 pages.
b. You should design your 404 pages differently than your actual site design.
c. 404 pages should be vague and simple. A perfect message would be “Not Found”.
d. A custom 404 page that kindly gives users back to a working page on your site can greatly improve a user’s experience.
218. What would happen if you searched Google for site:example.com “some text here”
a. It would list any web pages that contained the exact words “some text here”
b. It would list any web pages on example.com that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here”
c. It would list only web pages on example.com that contained the exact words “some text here”
d. It would list any web pages that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here”
e. It would list any web pages that contained the words “some”, “text” and “here” and links to example.com
219. Building responsive website helps to gain higher back-links from the third party sites?
220. Paid search result of Google helps to improve overall website usability.
a. True: It helps to increase visits on a website, hence, help improve usability
b. False: Organic search result helps to improve website usability
c. False: Paid search result has nothing to do with website usability
221. Google did the "caffeine" roll-out to:
a. index sites faster
b. crawl websites 50% faster
c. help Google’s raw speed
d. all of these choices